|Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast|
Fear of "Sharing a bathroom" is rampant among travelers. The Professional Association of Innkeepers International reports that 94% of Bed and Breakfasts have private, en-suite bathrooms. Even though many innkeepers live in the same building out of which they run their business, their living areas are usually separate from guest areas.
The Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast is a licensed hotel, offering private guest room entrances; each with a private en-suite bathroom. Each bathroom features either a tub/shower combination, or a separate shower and a jacuzzi or whirlpool tub.
Family or buffet style breakfasts, often hand-made each morning, are part of the nature of a Bed and Breakfast. Family-style breakfasts provide an opportunity to socialize with the other guests, which is somewhat the norm with bed and breakfasts, and many people go to bed and breakfasts for such socialization; however, many innkeepers are happy to make accommodations for private tables upon request. Here at the Barn Inn, we break the ice by introducing guests to each other. For guests wanting a table for two, we have several available. Please ask in advance for private seating.
Not all bed and breakfasts are the same. Asking the right questions is important to finding the accommodations that will best serve your needs. Consider too, that not everyone is a perfect fit for each property. So, here are some keys to finding that bed and breakfast that will meet your expectations.
- Check review sites such as TripAdvisor and Google Reviews.
- Check if a bed and breakfast is inspected such as properties with Select Registry.
- Is the bathroom down the hallway or en-suite (part of the guest room)?
- Is the breakfast continental or a hot country breakfast?
- Is the breakfast served in-house or do they provide a voucher to a local restaurant?
- Does the inn have a common area for relaxation, table games, reading, etc.?
- Do you provide free WiFi, parking, complimentary evening snacks?
- Do you provide TV programming?
- Do you provide individual climate control?
|We Bake Homemade Bread at The Barn Inn|
Here are some other good things to know about The Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast. We provide:
- large common area for fellowship and relaxation
- Private balcony entrances and inside corridor entrances
- Satellite TV with 40 channels available
- Full country breakfast
- Daily informational about area, shared at breakfast time
- Resident innkeeper/owners are on site for customer service
- Children under age 10 are permitted only at the farmhouse or Apple Hill location
- Keys or keyless entry codes for rooms.
- Video surveillance of exterior parking lot and interior hallways and dining room. (While we here in Amish Country do not have a security problem, we provide this for added security).
September 14, 2014