Guests of the Millersburg, Ohio Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast are served a full country breakfast every morning. This typically includes some kind of egg, meat, pastry, and fruit. These combinations change daily and the recipes are always sought after. Our corn flake crusted hash browns and outrageously great waffles are some of the favorites.
1 (32 oz) bag frozen hash browns
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 stick butter
2 cups cheddar cheese
16 oz sour cream
1 can of cream of chicken or cream of celery soup (whichever you prefer)
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
1 cup corn flakes (more if desired)
1. Set aside hash browns
2. In saucepan, saute onions with 1 stick of butter. In a large bowl combine onion mixture with sour cream, cheese and soup. Add in salt and pepper.
3. In 9x13 greased pan, spread hash browns. Spread soup mixture over top.
4. Melt remaining butter and mix in corn flakes. Stir and smash them a little until the butter is absorbed. You may need/want to add more corn flakes.
5. Sprinkle on top of soup mixture.
6. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Outrageously Great Waffles
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup canola oil
1-1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and powder, and salt and mix well.
2. Add the buttermilk, oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla to the dry ingredients, mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat a waffle iron. Do not use non-stick spray on the iron, the oil in the batter will allow for an easy release.
4. Pour a scant cup of batter into the hot waffle iron and a handful of chopped pecans. Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. Serve immediately.
For more favorites visit our web page and look under the Innkeepers Recipes.
Submitted by Loretta 1/26/12